Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wayne Kelly

The Daughter-in-Law Rules Newsletter, Monday,
November 3rd, 2008

* * * Quote of the Week * * *

Failure will never overtake me if my
determination to succeed is strong enough! - Og
Mandino, 1923-1996, American Motivational Author
and Speaker

* * * Sally Commentary * * *

This week I did a teleseminar on bookmarketing.
Thanks to all of you that showed up and sent me
such great feedback! If anyone has any questions
post teleseminar, please feel free to write to me
wiht your questions – and if there are any topics
that you would like to have covered in a future
teleseminar, let me know those as well. I’ll be
making the mp3 available shortly for anyone who
missed the call.

* * * A Special Announcement * * *

All went well down in Orlando on the nationally
syndicated The Daily Buzz, and as a result, the
DIL Rules hit #2 in Weddings this week. Woo hoo!

Now, a bit more about the man to whom I owe all
this success: My friend and most exceptional
media trainer ever, Mr. Wayne Kelly! From the
very first moment I spoke to him, he made me feel
like I could do anything, even though I felt
completely green, intimidated and completely
media-shy. However, by the time I completed his
course, I felt like a rock-star! Wayne Kelly is
one of the most compassionate, patient,
enthusiastic, supportive, knowledgeable,
kind-hearted most loving spirits I have ever had
the great pleasure of knowing. What incredible
fortune I had by the sheer luck of an
introduction through another radio host, with
whom I had my very first interview. She said that
I had the elements of energy, enthusiasm and
passion for my topic, but needed to hone my
message, and that Wayne Kelly was the absolute
ONLY person to study with. She proved to be
right, in my opinion! Just to give you an idea
as to just how well Wayne's course works, my
first day of class was Thursday, April 10th. To
date, today, November 1st, I have booked and done
a total of approximately 65 radio shows, nearly
20 print media and 5 tv shows, including the
nationally syndicated The Daily Buzz, all with
the very same media release template that we
created in his class. I continue to hone the
skills that Wayne has taught me, most notably to
speak in soundbites, slow down, and get to the
point! Wayne is gentle, encouraging, supportive,
and complementary, but honest, and you will
absolutely get what you need from his course in
order to become the media's dream-guest!

For anyone considering doing radio, tv or print,
get media trained by Wayne. Go here now:

http://www.onairpublicity.com?a_aid=0cb73fd2

Note: because of the great success of my media
training with wonderkind media trainer
extraordinaire Mr. Wayne Kelly, I have been asked
to audition to co-host an internet radio show
that interviews both authors and musicians – how
apropos is that?! Result of my audition
forthcoming.

* * * A Book Marketing Tip of the week * * *

In keeping with the marketing theme this week,
here is a tip along those lines.

Q: How does one get a celebrity to endorse their
book, product or service?

A: It is not difficult to get reviews and
endorsements from celebrities. Most of them want
the additional publicity and all you need to do
is make it very easy for them. A personal letter
admiring their work, a short summary of each
chapter of your book, and a ghosted draft of what
you are looking for will usually do the trick.

To find contact information for many celebrities'
representatives, visit www.WhoRepresents.com,
www.contactanycelebrity.com, or
www.CelebrityBlurbs.com. This site will tell
you the key agents or PR people you need to get
in touch with to contact any celebrity. It's just
$1 for a seven day trial. Or you can simply go
to the website of an author, write them an email
and ask!

* * * Promotional Information * * *

Online Gift Bag Event!

Today I’m participating in a great event with my
friend, Donna Sozio, author of the hilarious
dating advice book, Never Trust a Man in
Alligator Loafers: What his Shoes Really Say
About his True Love Potential. As seen on the
Tyra Banks Show, she’ll teach you how to sum-up a
man in 30-seconds just by looking at his shoes!

Donna is giving away over $5827 in premium
GIFT BAG SWAG!

In her fantastic online promotion there’s
over $5,827 worth of fun & fabulous prizes for
savvy women like you including The DIL Rules
eBOok!

Other giveaways include:

*Designer Shoes *VIP Shoe Shopping *
High-Heeled Art *Personalized Shoe Portraits
*Jewelry *Make-up *Perfume *Skin Care *Love
Advice *Business Advice *Bestselling Books
*Personal Coaching *Health Products *Travel
*and more!

The online event happens Nov. 3rd –10th.
It’s so easy to enter!

1. Buy a copy of Donna’s hilarious dating advice
book Never Trust a Man in Alligator Loafers from
Amazon.com from Nov. 3rd – 10th 2008.
2.Go to www.DonnaSozio.com/GIFTBAG
3. Enter your name, email address, and your
Amazon.com receipt number.

For a Complete List of prizes visit:
www.DonnaSozio.com/PRIZES

That’s it! In these crazy times, it a Super
Deal!

* * * Song Lyric of the Week * * *

In honor of my daughter’s favorite holiday, Halloween,
here are the lyrics to a lullaby I wrote for her when she
was born.

Good Night Pumpkin

Close your eyes
sapphires filled with wonder
Soon you will drift into a dream-land
where the moon glows pale and blue

Night has come
another dusk has unfolded
Rest, little tiny one
for I am here right next to you

Oh - darling little angel
skin as soft as morning snow
O'er your head a tiny halo
shining all a-glow, so...

Hold on tight
blanket of dawn is descending
Sleep as a tiny little pumpkin
snuggled in a field of dew
by the rays of the moon

(music finishes) then, spoken: "Goodnight,
Pumpkin!"

by Sally Shields author of, A Pond Beneath the
Moon

* * * Inspirational thought * * *

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act!
Action will delineate and define you. - Thomas
Jefferson, 1743-1826, 3rd President of the United
States

Have a beautiful week, and don't forget to call
your mother-in-law, if only to ask how she is
feeling!!!

With gratitude,

No comments: