Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Daily Buzz!

* * * Quote of the Week * * *

The quality of a person's life is in direct
proportion to their commitment to excellence,
regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. -
Vince Lombardi, 1913-1970, American Football
Coach

* * * Sally Commentary * * *

Well, it’s a good thing I ordered Rena’s Book, The
Right Weigh last week – as I just got booked on
nationally syndiacated, “The Daily Buzz” to come
on the show and talk about how to turn your
biggest critic into your #1 fan for Mother-in-Law
day! Because those extra 8 pounds I lovingly aquired
by indulging in pasta and gelato in Rome a few
weeks back? I need to say, "Buh-bye" to them!
I started my exercise and diet program today.
Busted out the free weights and had my oatmeal and
egg whites for breakfast. Ugh... well, It’s a start!

* * * A Daughter-in-Law Rules Tip of the week * * *

As to be seen in ProjectHappilyEverAfter.com
( ... continued!)

Q: What is the philosophy behind the

Daughter-in-Law Rules?

A: The Daughter-in-Law Rules are many things, but
basically, it is a management strategy. The book
gives simple techniques that anyone can use and
get immediate results. It validates the Daughter
in Law’s feelings while making her Mother in Law
feel great. As you start to apply “calculatingly
affable defenses,” you will no longer be looking
for her approval. You will begin to co-exist. For
example, the top 7 Things to Do To Create a Happy
Relationship with Your Mother-in-Law include:

1) Don't expect her to share your interests (in
movies, music, books, TV shows, etc.)
2) Keep all gifts for at least 4 seasons

3) Try not to get defensive with your MIL (put that
stubborn nature aside!) 

4) Never criticize her son to her 

5) Allow her to take an active role as Grandma
6) Supply her with lots of pics of the grandkids

and ...
7) Steer clear of religion and politics at the dinner
table!

* * * Poem of the Week * * *

This Small Planet We Call Home

Out in nature at the beach
I come to learn, and not to teach
I feel a tear with every wave
and retreat into my crystal cave
A sanctuary to house my thoughts
and give me answers when I feel caught
in mortal confusion, a mere illusion
It reminds me of my divine fusion
I am a Goddess in embryo
growing so slowly, beginning to flow
I feel the seeds of divinity inside
I water them daily with nothing to hide
I’m beginning to shine with the eternal light
and the wings of my heart begin to take flight
At one with God at every turn
my channel is widening and open to learn
He is with me each moment I live
The law is in action – to receive and to give
It brings me in life all the things that I need:
a way to be healthy and happy, indeed!

By Sally Shields, author of, A Pond Beneath the
Moon

* * * Inspirational thought * * *

Life has its own hidden forces which you can only
The quality of a person's life is in direct
proportion to their commitment to excellence,
regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. -
Vince Lombardi, 1913-1970, American Football
Coach

Have a beautiful week, and don't forget to call
your mother-in-law, if only to ask how she is
feeling!!!

With gratitude,

Sally
TheDILRules.com

No comments: