Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sally on Fox & Friends

* * * Quote of the Week * * *

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish
much. - Blaise Pascal, 1623-1662, French
Mathematician/Physicist/Theologian

* * * Sally Commentary * * *

It was truly an exciting experience on Fox &
Friends. Yes, I was nervous. Here’s how it all
went: after the producer booked me on the show,
we had a series of email exchanges, usually me
asking questions, and her responding with a one
or two word answer from her blackberry. So, I
decided to get with the program, mirror her
style, and wrote her this email:

Will beauty be avail? i.e. hair/makeup? Thx!
-Sally

Her response? “Yes, but don’t come w/wet hair”
So, I wrote back: "LOL - kewl!"

We were now fast friends. Fox and Friends. :-)

So then, another producer emailed me and we had a
“pre-interview” by phone where we discussed the
tips that I would be providing. She asked me to
come up with 2 "Do’s and a Don’t" for Michelle,
Marian and Obama. So, in that respect, it was
very scripted. She also asked me if I would like
a car service to come and get me. I was like,
Um, let me think about that one... yes!!!

It was very casual in the green room, where I
made friends with the staff, giving out books to
the hair and makeup people who made me all glam
and the nice intern who helped me with my tea.
When it was time to go on air, I did a little
deep breathing, and got miked up. Once on the
set, I felt pretty prepared, and the hosts even
prompted me on the tips, which was great, because
I was a bit worried about remembering all 9 of
them! The only time I got a bit off track was
when I was searching for the word “validate.” It
felt like about 5 minutes when I was sitting
there trying to come up with that word, but
fortunately after looking back at the clip it
didn’t seem so bad in retrospect.

Overall, it was absolutely the most professional
media experience to date, and it was truly an
honor to be a guest on the Fox news channel.

After all was said and done, the car service took
me home, I took off my makeup, and the kids
jumped on me. Well, it was fun while it lasted
but boy, nothing like being a mom to bring you
back down to earth – and FAST!!!

If you’d like to take a peek at the clip, please
check it out here:

http://tinyurl.com/boxrk6

* * * Inspirational thought * * *

“When one door closes another door opens; but we
so often look so long and so regretfully upon the
closed door, that we do not see the ones which
open for us.” -Alexander Graham Bell

With gratitude,



http://www.thedilrules.com/
#1 Amazon.com Bestseller
AS SEEN ON FOX & FRIENDS
AS SEEN IN STAR MAGAZINE
AS RECOMMENDED BY DR. LAURA
AS HEARD ON MARTHA STEWART RADIO
co-host, "Blurb!" blogtalkradio.com

15% of the proceeds of this book will go to
The National Breast Cancer Foundation.®
Think Pink!

No comments: