Friday, May 30, 2008

Sally's First TV Appearance!

Since my experience at the Publicity Summit, I
have been following Steve Harrison’s advice and
putting much of the information I learned there
into practice, the basis of which is learning how
to get publicity for your book, product or
service with little to no money (sounded good to
me!) However, when I got on my first radio
interview I realized I didn’t know what the heck
I was doing. So I decided to get “media trained”
and just completed a 6 week course with a
wonderful coach by the name of Mr. Wayne Kelly.

One of the things I learned was to take control
of the interview – even if the host leads you in
all sorts of crazy directions (this technique is
called “bridging,” I can tell you this: although
I thought it would be a lot of fun, being on TV
is no piece of cake! It turned out to be a lot
more stressful than I imagined. I was surprised
to find that I was more worried about how my hair
looked than what I was trying to say about the
Mother in Law! Hopefully this process will get
easier as time goes on, and I will be able to
concentrate on giving viewers great content,
good or bad hair day aside.

To view my first television interview, please
visit: http://www.thedilrules.com/media/

No comments: